Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Araw ng Kagitingan Ride: Makati to Bugarin



I never imagined riding to Bugarin on a fixed-gear. Ever. I hated it when I used to go there on a mountain bike. Though it is one of the go-to places for cyclists training for endurance and one of the steepest climbs in the East, riding it with a fixed gear is insane. The last thing you need on this ride, is a brakeless bike. And a sprinting gear ratio. And no coasting.

And since yesterday was a non-working holiday here in the Philippines, we decided to go ride to Tanay (which is 13kms short of Bugarin). But when we got there everyone was just hyped, we rode the 13 km incline to the best view of Laguna de Bay anyway.

That 130 km ride is still worth the pain, though.

As for the pictures, I only used my phone's camera. I apologize for the quality. And the selfies.

More pictures after the jump.

































No comments:

Post a Comment